Welcome to the Afro-Asian Advisory Service
We are an independent voluntary organisation based in the London Borough of Southwark providing a free specialist legal service to anyone regardless of nationality or ethnic origin. More than 2,500 people a year use the service, including people from Africa, The Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Latin America, South East Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
- Free, independent advice and representation on matters relating to nationally, immigration and asylum law direct to members of the public.
- A support and referral service to other advice agencies where advice workers do not have the appropriate specialist knowledge.
- Advice and information on matters relating to immigration and nationality law for local Members of Parliament for the benefit of their constituents and to take referrals.
- To enable families divided by immigration law to be reunited; this includes enabling foreign nationals to obtain rights to visit their families settled in the United Kingdom.
- To deal with citizenship claims; to assist those seeking British citizenship to naturalise or register as British Citizens.
- To provide a free advice and advocacy service on matters relating to immigration and nationality to both individuals and advice workers without specialist knowledge of immigration and nationality law.
- To ensure that EU citizens are able to exercise their rights in the UK
- To provide a free service to asylum seekers who wish to exercise their rights under the 1951 United Nations Convention on Refugees
- To ensure that clients obtain their rights in accordance with the European Convention on Human Rights
- To assist those who require representation in their appeals and Judicial Review
- To assist those who need advice and representation in relation to leave to remain or entry clearance applications including under the Points-Based System